Care for the Needy
Support Ya’an Earthquake Relief
In April and May 2013, Pfizer provided a series of donations for the Ya’an Earthquake Relief:
- Cash donation of 832,134 RMB (half from Chinese colleagues and half from corporate matching) to One Foundation for postearthquake relief;
- Production donation of 100 vials of Tygacil to Huaxi Hospital of Sichuan University for saving the seriously injuried in the quake;
- Donation of water, goods and medical tools to help needy surviviors;
- 2000 copies of Mental Health Brochures to help local healthcare providers
- Pfizer Foundation donated $100,000 USD to Project HOPE for the Ya’an Earthquake Rehabilitation Project.
Donate One-million RMB to Support the Zhejiang Typhoon Disaster Relief
In early October, 2013, Typhoon Fitow brought heavy rainfall to Zhejiang Province and caused severe flood. Pfizer China reacted actively to get the information about the flood and rescue situation through Zhejiang Charity Organization and immediately decided to donate one million Rmb to support the Typhoon Disaster relief. Pfizer China’s quick action won the greater respect from the society.
Donate Medicines to Help Rheumatoid Arthritis and Ankylosiag Spondylitis Patients
In March 2013, Pfizer China donated etanercept (Enbrel) injections worth RMB 55 million to support Beijing Renze Public Welfare Foundation’s patient assistance program for low-income Rheumatoid Arthritis(RA) and Ankylosiag Spondylitis (AS) patients nationwide. RA and AS are autoimmune diseases which causes chronic inflammation with a high disability rate of 50%. Among 10 million RA and AS patients in China, nearly half are suffering from joint dysfunction. Nearly 3,500 patients benefited from the program and greatly improved their quality of life and work.
Donate Medical Vehicles to Support Rural Areas in Yunnan
In December 2013, Pfizer China donated two medical vehicles to the under-developed rural areas in Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture of Yunnan Province. This was done through the China Glory Foundation. Pfizer has shouldered its social responsibility and provided charitable support to enhance healthcare services in rural areas.